New Study Shows Site Payments and Patient Reimbursements Directly Impact Clinical Research and the Patient Centricity
Research conducted by Greenphire and the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) highlights sites’ desire for streamlined payment processes
King of Prussia, Pa. – April 26, 2017 – Greenphire, the global leader in automated clinical payment solutions, and the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) today released a new survey that revealed the negative impact that manual payment processes have on global clinical research. Results indicated that manual processes take time away from patient care and shift focus away from research.
The survey of 760 sites around the world focused on financial operations, processes and systems, as well as key issues around patient reimbursement. A white paper with the full results of the survey is available here.
“Our survey results show that sites around the world are eager to adopt new technologies which improve financial processes, reduce administrative burden and make more timely payments possible, said Jim Murphy, CEO, Greenphire. “Eliminating manual burdens through technology can vastly improve the patient experience and simultaneously improve the financial health of the investigative site.”
Key findings of the survey, which ran from December 2016 – February 2017, revealed:
- 63% of sites prefer electronic payments
- 84% of sites prefer payment in thirty days or less
- More than 75% of sites reported that reimbursement timelines have an impact on their ability to pay stipends and reimbursements to patients
- 44% of sites employ personnel involved in accounting who also have other study-related duties
- 74% of sites report that personnel spend more than 15 minutes per patient visit on accounting activities“Sites are looking to streamline the way payments are processed and received,” said Christine Pierre, president of SCRS. “These survey findings demonstrate that sites, both in the U.S. and abroad, want to find new ways to cut down on administrative burdens and focus on research. We are excited about the advances being made by solution providers both in the U.S. and around the world.”
Greenphire is the global leader in automated clinical trial payment solutions. Greenphire’s best-in-class solutions optimize clinical trial performance by simplifying and streamlining payment processes from sponsors and CROs to sites and patients. Greenphire’s ClinCard and eClinicalGPS solutions easily handle any type of trial design and complexity, resulting in more accurate and compliant payments globally for both sites and patients. The choice of industry leaders worldwide, Greenphire provides better performance and better data, resulting in better trials. Learn more at www.Greenphire.com.
SCRS is a global trade organization founded in 2012 which represents over 4,000 research sites in over 45 countries. SCRS’ mission is to unify the voice of the global clinical research site community for greater site sustainability. SCRS has become an active partner in industry-wide initiatives and dialogues focused on improving the clinical research enterprise. Sites and the companies that sponsor or support the work conducted at clinical research sites will benefit from membership and partnership. Our Voice. Our Community. Your Success. Join the community and collaborate with the Global Experts in Site sustainability. Visit MySCRS.org.